top of page

Moving Expenses

Did you move to start a new job or to run a business at a new location?

Is your new home at least 40 kms closer to your new place of work?

If the answer is yes, you may be eligible to claim moving expenses.

Here are some of the most common ones:

· Moving cost: Transportation and storage (including the movers, the packing, the insurance..)

· Travel expenses to the new location (vehicle expenses, air fares, meals and accommodations)

· Temporary living expenses for up to 15 days (meals, accommodation)

· Other incidental costs (selling or cancelling lease fees of your old residence)

Full-time post-secondary students may also qualify to deduct eligible moving expenses from their scholarship or research grants income.

To claim the “Moving Expenses Deduction”, complete form T1-M, and keep all your receipts and documents on hand if CRA requests that you provide support for your claim.

7 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page